Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

advent built-in webcam brightness problem

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Jan-2010, 11:02 AM #1
advent built-in webcam brightness problem
Hello guys,
Is my first time here and wish some1 could help me, i am desperate..
I have an advent roma 3000 and i have problem with the build-in webcam's brightness..

During day its pretty ok if i have window opened at max so much light can get inside but when gets late in the afternoon and at night the camera shows me too much dark and to manage for the other person to see me good i must open a small light just next to the laptop even if i have also room's light open(room's light is not clear white its like a bit yellow or whatever or a bit darker anw than clear white but i dont guess that matters)...

I tried to change the brightness of camera from skype settings and from the camera's program(YouCam) but doesn't seem to do much difference...
Any1 knows how to help me pls?

i tried to put another webcam that was on another pc and was great on that pc(in same room and same light condition in room).. but when i tried it on mine it was not good it was like the built-in webcam, dark..

Thank you in advance,
Kotsia
Member with 11,747 posts.

27-Jan-2010, 11:07 AM #2
Howdy,

It is basically the Web cam doesn't work well at low light......the only real way to solve the problem is to light the room with natural light or you can buy a bulb that gives off natural light and not a yellow light.

Or buy a better quality web cam that will work better at low light conditions.......

27-Jan-2010, 11:42 AM #3
there isn't any other way of changing some settings or whatever of the webcam to have better brightness also without natural light?

27-Jan-2010, 12:08 PM #4
Webcams are not all create equal.....you say you have tried the camera setting already without success.

If in dought borrow another webcam as a test

Also go to PC manufactures site and see if there is any driver updates for the camera etc.

27-Jan-2010, 12:55 PM #5
but i have tried also another webcam on my laptop that on another pc was working great also at night with light, and when i have put it on my laptop it wasn't good with light either.. thats why i'm wondering if it's just my webcam's fault or something else also..

27-Jan-2010, 02:01 PM #6
Understood........

Have you tried attaching an external Monitor to see the results
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
brightness, light, webcam, webcam problem help

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!