Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Memory Problem With AdobePhotodeluxe 4.0

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

27-Mar-2010, 09:51 PM #1
Memory Problem With AdobePhotodeluxe 4.0
I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and 4GB Ram and the program will not work. I was previously running Adobe PhotoDeluxe on Windows XP with 1GB ram and the program ran smoothly. I installed and reinstalled Photodeluxe but it will not open. An error message keeps coming up saying that "There is not enough memory (RAM) to launch PhotoDeluxe". I know there is enough RAM on this computer. I read on another post that virtual memory should be 1.5 times the amount you have, so I even increased the virual memory to 6000, but I'm still getting the error message. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?
Member with 1,657 posts.

28-Mar-2010, 06:32 AM #2
A lot of older programs won't run in Windows 7.

You could try running the exe in compatability mode. Instructions here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...lity-mode.html

If you really want that program, you could install 'XP mode', if you are running Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

moper

Last edited by moper; 28-Mar-2010 at 06:40 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
adobe photodeluxe, virtual memory, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!