Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Polaroid 600 Land Camera Problem

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-May-2010, 09:40 PM #1
Exclamation Solved: Polaroid 600 Land Camera Problem
So I recently just bought a Polaroid 600 Land Camera from a thrift shop in my town 'cos it was at a price I couldn't pass up. Everything looked fine on it and it even came with a cartridge of 10 blamnk photos for me to use.

So I inserted the cartridge at tried to take a picture but nothing happend I was extremely dissapointed.

Is there anybody out there that could help me with my problem? Again, it's a Polaroid 600 Land Camera Sun Auto Focus 660. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, it just won't take any pictures. Is it broken? Or do I need a new cartridge of photos?

The box the photos came with was the same type the camera uses, but it just doesn't seem to be working.

Can anybody help?
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,582 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-May-2010, 12:12 AM #2
How old is the film pack? The film packs also contained the battery to power the camera. An old pack may have a dead battery.
Member with 361 posts.

Experience: long live the 6502
02-May-2010, 01:21 AM #3
Yes, the last post was correct. Here's the cause.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/polaroi...7603516186361/

And there is no fix. The film is out of production. I've seen it online for $40-60 a box, about 5x the original price.

02-May-2010, 12:51 PM #4
Well the box says best when used by 7/99 ... so I'm guessing it's pretty old...

Darn...I was really hoping it would've worked...

But I hear that Polaroid has a new instant photo camera like they did way back when called the Polaroid 300. http://www.polaroid.com/category/0/3...lassic_Instant

Thanks anyway guys
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,582 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-May-2010, 02:21 PM #5
Yes, a film pack dated 1999 would probably have a dead battery and stales chemical in the film itself.

I had thought I read that some other company was going to take over manufacturing some types of Polaroid film packs. Not sure if that included film for your camera.

02-May-2010, 09:23 PM #6
I hear Fujifilm still makes some, but I don't know which one would be compatible with my camera :/
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
600, land camera, old camera, polaroid, sun auto focus 660

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!