Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Samsung Cell Phone Pictures Won't Download

(!)

Member with 117 posts.

30-Jul-2010, 10:20 AM #1
Question Samsung Cell Phone Pictures Won't Download
I'm having trouble with a SAMSUNG NPS Program. I downloaded it and it worked perfectly when i logged on as administrator but when i logon under my name and clicked on the program it won't run and says "RUNNING MODULE FAIL". I have Windows 7 and the program uses it. Anyway i can fix it? This is to download photos from my new SOLSTICE cell phone. Any help will be appreciated..

thanks

Herbie
Member with 2,310 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Aug-2010, 04:05 PM #2
According to the Samsung Solstice manual (aka SGH-A887) connecting a USB cable between your computer and your phone allows simple file transfers between the two. There seems to be some prior settings you may need to make, refer to page 65, but I don't see why you need to use their programs to just get your photos off the phone.

Sometimes the "special" programs they supply are only a simple way of detailing what connections and buttons actions you need to do, to spell out exactly what you need to do, but any file transfer program, even the File Manager (or whatever Windows refers to it now) will work just as easily.

Last edited by ChuckE; 02-Aug-2010 at 04:24 PM..
Member with 117 posts.

10-Aug-2010, 10:48 AM #3
Thanks
Thanks chuckie.....i do manage to get pics off my phone now...but the samsung software is really really tempormental... Works about 50% of the time....

Thanks.....herbie
Computer Specs
Member with 5,122 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Aug-2010, 12:17 PM #4
One way you might try transferring photos. After you connect the phone, open my computer, click on removable drive (phone) reduce size of window, open my photos, Click and drag the pictures from the phone to the documents file.
vicks
Computer Specs
Member with 1,156 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Aug-2010, 12:19 PM #5
I have to transfer photos off the internal memory to a micro SD card, for my phone. Then I can put the micro SD card into a SD adapter, and plug it into my USB card reader.

I don't take many phone photos.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!