Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Screen recording DOS VM?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 21 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Nov-2010, 01:25 PM #1
Question Screen recording DOS VM?
Hi,

I am trying to use a screen recorder to record my DOS 7.01 virtual machine. I have VM Additions installed. When I am not in full-screen mode, the DOS window is quite small on the desktop, so I want to shift to full-screen. But whenever I do, both Camtasia and CamStudio glitch in some way. Are there any better solutions beside a standalone? I guess I could use a video camera.

Thanks!
sushi064
Computer Specs
Member with 255 posts.

25-Nov-2010, 09:37 AM #2
I suggest changing the MS-Dos window to a larger font size, and leave the window 'windowed'. Switching to full-screen MS-Dos causes the video driver to actually switch down to a plain VGA mode which is also character-based resolution rather than pixel-based.

If you click on the upper-left corner of the MS-Dos session, select 'properties' and pick a Lucida Console font -- maybe 20 points or higher. This should make your screen recordings readable
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 21 posts.

28-Dec-2010, 07:15 PM #3
Unfortunately, Microsoft Virtual PC's Properties window will not allow me to change the fonts in DOS-- but thanks for the suggestion...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dos 7.01, full screen, screen recorder, virtual pc, youtube

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!