Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Printing problems with Canon iX4000

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Nov-2010, 04:54 AM #1
Exclamation Printing problems with Canon iX4000
Hey people,

I recently bought a clearance Canon iX4000 at PC World, which was a bargain. Bought it home, gave it a clean, downloaded support software from Canon UK's website, connected it up and waited for Windows 7 to install it. Everything fine so far.
Printed a few high quality images on A4 Photo paper, and it gave me some excellent prints. Ordered A3 Photo Paper, then proceeded to print out images on the A3 Paper after I received it. The first two prints were pretty good, since they were actually expanded from A4 to A3, but the result was still impressive. The third image I began printing, the paper was feeding wrong, so I had to cancel the print. When I looked at the image, there was a band of lines going through the image. The two outer lines are orange and have a glow, and the inner lines are blue. I then proceeded to give the nozzles a deep clean via the iX4000 control panel. Printed a nozzle check, all fine. Printed a test page, all fine. Printed an image which I had printed before on A4 and A3 without any problems, and there was the line again. Then I printed the same image on my A4 Canon Printer iP4300, but it printed fine, no lines present. I printed a poster I designed on a DTP Package, again printed fine on the iX4000.

I uninstalled the printer restarted my PC and reinstalled it again, and still the same problem! So what now? I have submitted a Support query on Canon UK's website, but it's not the printer itself which is defective, rather the image processing between the PC and the Printer - can someone help?

Many thanks

J Zakir
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,946 posts.

28-Nov-2010, 07:16 AM #2
how old is the INK - I have seen this type of line issue on a Epsom only 2 weeks ago and it would print some images fine and others poorly, with lines banding etc , it turned out to be the "photo magenta" I think ink - when we replaced that the lines went away
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 09:24 AM #3
Thumbs down Tried that
Hi Etaf,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the problem is still there. Maybe I need to change all the ink, as I don't know how long the ink has been in this printer, as it seems to have been sitting on the shelf for a very long time
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 09:29 AM #4
Quote:
Maybe I need to change all the ink, as I don't know how long the ink has been in this printer,
I would certainly do that - I have fixed a couple of printers recently where the INK was old - colour casts, very poor banding - trying to think of make Epson mainly I think
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 11:39 AM #5
Question No joy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by etaf View Post
I would certainly do that - I have fixed a couple of printers recently where the INK was old - colour casts, very poor banding - trying to think of make Epson mainly I think
I have now
- changed INKS
- printed from another PC
- Printed different documents - which printed fine
- Un-installed and re-installed the printer driver
- printed photos in their normal size - still getting the band of lines

Hmmph! Will wait for Canon's response. If they ask to send it to them, I'll just take it back to PC World and get a refund, as I only bought it 2 weeks ago. I'll just save up for something better - any suggestions? I don't do Epson, since the only I printer I had of theirs was a problem from the word go - do you think I should give them another go?

Thanks
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 11:52 AM #6
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 01:17 PM #7
Thumbs up Thank you
Many thanks for your assistance, that other thread was a big help...and since the Printer is relatively new, I'm not losing anything in returning it. I wouldn't say that buying an Epson is out of the question, but I will just have to save up for something better than an iX4000 - I got it for 150!!!

This is a worthwhile forum to visit when you got PC related issues!

Kind regards

J Zakir
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 01:31 PM #8
not a bad price for a A3 printer - canon may have an answer for you

I don't have any experience of A3 - but have always liked canon printers for photos
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 01:42 PM #9
Thanks again Etaf,

I'll just wait for what Canon have to say
Computer Specs

28-Nov-2010, 01:45 PM #10
Quote:
I'll just wait for what Canon have to say
I would call them, you dont want to miss any return date
http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...e_numbers.aspx
this is UK
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
band of lines in image, canon ix4000, printing problem

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!