Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

how do I get pictures from my camera (sandisk) to my computer

(!)

puterjunkie4ever puterjunkie4ever is offline puterjunkie4ever has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 465 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Mar-2011, 12:17 AM #1
how do I get pictures from my camera (sandisk) to my computer
I made the mistake of deleting pictures from my camera and possibly my sandisk. I did this once before and somehow got it straightened out to get my pictures back on my computer. I used some sort of freeware to get the pictures off of the sandisk. This is for a Kodak Easyshare camera C195
Junior Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Mar-2011, 02:21 AM #2
puterjunkie4ever puterjunkie4ever is offline puterjunkie4ever has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 465 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 10:15 AM #3
I can't seem to recover my photos from my camera using recuva. I have a kodak easyshare C195 camera. This particular camera isn't recognized as a removable disk. Is there possibly something else I could use.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,598 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 11:01 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by puterjunkie4ever View Post
I can't seem to recover my photos from my camera using recuva. I have a kodak easyshare C195 camera. This particular camera isn't recognized as a removable disk. Is there possibly something else I could use.
the media must be removed from the camera for most recovery software to work.

I have never heard of anything that will recover images/picture from the internal camera memory.

07-Mar-2011, 02:52 PM #5
Yes, like Wowzer said, you need to remove the flash card and use a card reader. As long as you've haven't written any new data to your card, Recuva should be able to recover ALL photos.
Computer Specs
Member with 465 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 05:56 PM #6
I'm not talking about internal memory. I'm talking about 4gb sandisk. This can be done. I might have to take the disk in and convert it to cd. I just wanted to try to save some money.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 06:17 PM #7
A 4GB Sandisk what? Compact flash card? SD card? That's what you need a reader for. Taking the card to a store to have the contents burned to CD isn't going to accomplish anything since the contents of the card were deleted. You have to run the recovery software directly against the card and not through the camera.
Computer Specs
Member with 465 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 06:34 PM #8
First it is a sandisk memory card of 4gb for digital photos. When you say run the sandisk against recovery file. Are you talking about recuva. I don't have a space on my computer for just the sandisk insertion. If you could lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate this.

07-Mar-2011, 06:50 PM #9
You need to run the recovery program against the memory card. You need a card reader. What type of memory card is it? A compact flash card? An SD card?

You can get card readers that support multiple card formats just about anywhere. Newegg sells them online, but you could also probably get one at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or an office supply store like Staples, OfficeMax, or Office Depot.
Computer Specs
Member with 465 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 07:18 PM #10
There are free memory card reader. I just have to find one. And when you say recovery program against the memory card, what do you mean. I have a sandisk 4gb memory card for my camera. Again, I'm trying to do this without paying money. If I recall correctly I've done this before but forgot how.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,598 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 07:40 PM #11
As has been explained. you need to beg, borrow, steal, buy a card reader...they are dirt cheap these days... that your card fits to be able to use any recovery software.

To maybe clarify Doublehelixs' "against" try the term through.
Computer Specs
Member with 465 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 08:34 PM #12
Also the only place that I have to place the sandisk is my camera. I don't have a usb port for the sandisk

07-Mar-2011, 09:46 PM #13
What you keep calling "the sandisk" is a flash memory card. The card goes in a card reader. You don't plug a USB cable directly into a flash memory card. You just said you have a memory card reader somewhere.

You still haven't said what type of card it is. You have to take it out of the camera

07-Mar-2011, 09:54 PM #14
Most cameras will have no problem to open a flash drive in windows, even the most silly kids cameras from some unknown Asian manufacturer allow this, even if they're several years old.

What you need to do is borrow another digital camera (I'll bet that you can find tons of them in your circle of friends and family) that supports your SD card (almost all) and use that camera as your card reader. Problem solved (since you didn't want to pay a single dime).
Computer Specs
Member with 465 posts.

07-Mar-2011, 10:56 PM #15
doublehelix, I hope you see this. This is an update as to everything thus far. My kodak camera did not recognize my camera as a Drive. I put the scandisk (memory card) into another camera and connected that camera. It registered as a usb device. Again my disk drive. Does this mean I have to buy a recovery card. When I went to the camera it says it didn't have anything on the disk. So I must break down and buy a memory card, am I right? I think I'm sowhat confused
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!