Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Digital Photography & Imaging Digital Photography & Imaging
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

SVP Scanners and other SVP products

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

31-May-2011, 08:12 PM #1
SVP Scanners and other SVP products
To all SVP goods of any description owners, If I was you I'd do what I've done after the company did not acknowledge my emails "4 of them in total" I dumped their unreliable PS9000 scanner, The software kept locking up every time I exited the programme,
The photo editing software was not much different either I got partway through editing a photo and up pops a message that because it as experienced some difficulties it needs to close down, out of 6 attempts at editing a photo I managed 2 and that was only because I did it in a very short space of time the longer I took the worse it's performance got, I have never been so angry and frustrated with any thing as much as I have been with this pile of crap and the worse part about it I have paid for it, Mind you it says it all don't it look on the side of the box it's made in china and the software is from Singapore, yet on the side of the box it says preserve your slides and photo's, I would if it would work properly, So best advice is don't buy any SVP Producta because the after sales service is rubbish and none existent, http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/mad.gif
Computer Specs
Member with 1,156 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Jun-2011, 07:25 AM #2
Those are well-known junk scanners.
Quality = crap.

Anything under $100 is pretty much rubbish for scanning slides/negatives.
Even under $200 is hard to find anything decent.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

01-Jun-2011, 09:14 AM #3
SVP Junk Scanner
Yep, I would tend to agree, I went against my instincts thinking that it would do a reasonable job it didn't, you can't even run a 110 negative through it, I've just bought a stand alone scanner which can be played through a tv or pc it does scan 110 negs as well as the usual slides and 35mm film, It's the same old saying you get what you pay for, I'll let you know how I get on with this one later,
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!