Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Creative Surround Sound Vol Control

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 223 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Jan-2012, 03:57 PM #1
Creative Surround Sound Vol Control
I use the old 5.1 Creative Inspire T5400 surround sound speakers. My volume control has been very finicky lately. If I have the volume set anywhere between like 10% and 80%, the volume fluctuates like 20% up and down constantly and when I hold my finger on the wheel, the volume increases probably 20% until I let go, then it goes back to fluctuating. I opened the control and looked at the potentiometer and saw no visible signs of damage. The bass potentiometer works fine though so I don't think it's the wire.

As far as I know, Creative does not sell replacements for discontinued hardware (I believe I even looked back when it was still made when I lost all the wires).

Is there any way to fix it? Is it possible to replace the potentiometer?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!