Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Need Help W/ these Speakers!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-Mar-2012, 08:20 PM #1
Need Help W/ these Speakers!
These speakers are from a home surround sound system. This dvd player was from about 03 and it was a five CD changer. The wires from the speakers were connected into ports in the back of the DVD player. Now years later I have these speakers and Sub, I want to use them for something but i dont even know where to start. The small speakers are 8 ohms and the sub is 6 ohms. I was hoping to use them for audio or something. There are two red and black wire, and one white and black wire. What should i start doing to get these to work?
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks guys!
koldbloodkev koldbloodkev is offline koldbloodkev has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Mar-2012, 06:14 PM #2
Typically the two surround speakers my be hooked to almost any stereo blk to blk & red to red, each spkr on either L or R. The sub woofer has to be connected to an output that has 6 Ohms impedance. Older stereos do not have this out put, some newer book shelf systems do and all surround systems do but some require a powered sub (the one in your pic appears to not to be powered. If you are unsure DO NOT hook it up (this comes from the personal experience of 'letting all the smoke out of' my first surround system)! I hope this helps and I will check back later to see.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!