Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Help for 9th grade CIT

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Mar-2012, 05:05 PM #1
Talking Help for 9th grade CIT
Hello guys. I am 14 years old and i have above average experience, compared to most people i know.
I am entering high school next year and as one of my classes i chose Intro to CIT.
I would like to learn some things before I actually enter the class. I may already know what they are going to teach me, I don't know, as the only information they gave me about this class was this: "INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: A semester course designed to expose students to all aspects of Information Technology. Included in this course is: computer hardware and software, network systems, digital video, digital photography, programming, web development and professional practices."

Keep in mind that this is a 9th grade class so they won't be going too advanced. I believe we will be using the Windows OS in this class.

I typed in Google "learn about information technology", but most of these websites are for people that have absolutely no experience at all with computers (how to use keyboard, how to connect to internet, etc.)

The only topic that I will wait for the class to start and learn about is programming, as I have tried C++, Java and Virtual Basic, and it was extremely boring to me, so I will just wait and learn this when the class starts.

So, can you guys give any websites or books or something that might teach me this type of stuff before I enter the class?

Thank You.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,196 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Mar-2012, 02:37 AM #2
Hi,
I don't think you want to try to get too far ahead of your classmates, 'cos otherwise you'll get bored in class & the teacher won't have time to set you more challenging work 'cos they will need to make sure that everyone else is at the basic expected standard.

Do you have contact with the school by email? Perhaps you could ask them what they recommend you study or research in preparation for this new school? As you seem comfortable with CIT, are there other subjects that you could ask them about to make sure you're at the right starting point in those subjects too?

Hope this helps a bit anyway.

Richard
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

29-Mar-2012, 03:30 PM #3
It's just an introductory course. Each one of those topics can be an entire course of college study and a separate career. They won't be going in-depth into any one subject area in a semester. The idea is to expose students to the very, very broad arena of technology.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!