Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Sony d300p dvd/vcr combo problem.

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 497 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-May-2012, 06:22 AM #1
Sony d300p dvd/vcr combo problem.
I am having alot of problems with this machine. First of all, the vcr has a few problems.
It loads the tape fine, but when playing, the picture is wobbling, as in sliding up and down the screen. Also, somtimes I get no picture, just snow. This only happens occasionaly, but is starting to get on my last nerve.
Now for the DVD player. When I put a DVD in, even a brand new movie, I can hear the disk spinning and the lazer moving, but it wont play. It just says "loading." When I try to eject it, it says eject on the display, but the disk keeps spinning. After a few seconds, the display says ".........". If I press it again, the same thing happens. It keeps trying to load the DVD even if the power is off. The only way to get the DVD out is to unplug the unit, plug it back in, then press eject.
Somtimes it will start playing, but halfway through the movie, it starts skipping. The video becomes pixilated, it freezes, then it plays for a second. After about a minute, it just freezes. If i press eject, the display says eject, but it wont eject. So I have to unplug it.
I hope somone can help me get this system working again.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
14-May-2012, 07:56 AM #2
Time for a new one.

If you haven't cleaned the tape heads for a while on the VCR, it sounds like they need it.

But for the DVD, it sounds like bad electronics. I bought a new combo like that a short time ago for $20. It's not worth messing with them.
Computer Specs
Member with 497 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-May-2012, 05:21 PM #3
I clean the VCR every other month though!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dvd, freeze, problem

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!