Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

CD/DVD RWs

(!)

Member with 16 posts.

18-Jun-2012, 05:44 PM #1
CD/DVD RWs
I thought RW disks were supposed to last for (close to) a thousand times of use ! Apparently, that's a lie. On my System (Windows XP Pro-32 bit), I use Memorex disks. Because of they work with my System. I've tried other brands, but they either don't read or write properly.
Anyway, the usage of Memorex disks has declined in recent years. Now, they only have a lifetime span of 4 or 5 reads/writes. Then they become "coasters".
So much for product ratings...........

garystan
Computer Specs
Member with 59 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Jun-2012, 06:20 PM #2
Have you thought about updating your rw drive? They go faster now, support more cd types and works better. Blu ray can fit some seriosue data.
Member with 16 posts.

18-Jun-2012, 07:08 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKarnt View Post
Have you thought about updating your rw drive? They go faster now, support more cd types and works better. Blu ray can fit some seriosue data.
iKarnt :

My System is only a little over a year old. I bought it brand new. So the drive SHOULD still be in good condition. It seems to function correctly with Memorex CD-Rs well. It's just that CD/DVD RWs don't last as long as they used to .

garystan
Member with 11,752 posts.

19-Jun-2012, 08:08 AM #4
Memorex is not the brand it was...I have had so many problems with them I do not use them anymore. I use Verbatim, they cost more but they work. and thinking about upgrading your CD/DVD drive is a good idea as 2-3 yrs is a long time now a days. I have my old DVD/CD drive and a new one that burns faster and sees more discs and now they are nice and cheap.
Member with 16 posts.

19-Jun-2012, 02:06 PM #5
CD/DVD RWs
Megabyte :

Advice noted.

Thanks,
garystan
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!