Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Bose Music System

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 574 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Jul-2012, 12:03 PM #1
Question Bose Music System
I have friends who own two of these radios placed in different parts of their house and the sound is fantastic. Now I am seriously interested in buying one.
However, I live in an apartment complex and wonder if all the concrete in the buildings would interfere with reception. My own old JVC receiver doesn't behave too well but Bose technology is supposed to go beyond that......so if anyone has one and lives in apartment building I would like your opinion.

I phoned the nearest store to me for info but they declined to answer. They do offer a one month free trial but I don't want the hassle of packing it up and travelling to store to return.

They cost around 600 dollars here in Canada and that is a lot of money to invest in something that is not satisfactory ehhh!!

Please and thank you
Tildy
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
29-Jul-2012, 12:49 PM #2
Reception is a quite different technology than sound. If you have trouble in general with radio reception, you can expect that to continue. You might want to check to see if an antenna can be attached (if you listen to FM most of the time) as that can make a big difference. Even TV rabbit ears work pretty well.

Before spending $600, I'd submit to the inconvenience of trying it first.
Computer Specs
Member with 574 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Jul-2012, 01:13 PM #3
Thanks for reply.....

I did ask about antenna, aerial etc and saleman said not possible.

Stores who carry are few and far between and I live quite a long way from nearest to me so I think I will just give up the idea of buying one.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!