Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Kindle question....anybody?

(!)

Member with 616 posts.

01-Aug-2012, 09:35 AM #1
Smile Solved: Kindle question....anybody?
Looking at Kindle...need a device that will let me download PDF files and other txt files from websites/internet and then view/save on KINDLE? Is this possible....need to review documents and other items during flights, and at home...dont want to carry laptop , just need to download then save and then review later or return to document without going on net for review. Can a KINDLE do this?
Computer Specs
Member with 500 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-Aug-2012, 03:44 AM #2
You can send things the Kindle--at $0.99 per MB (last time I looked, which is a while back), and view it on there, providing you have your email account for your Kindle set up and activated. There are options for checking out Google and the web as well as Wikipedia, etc., but I suspect you may run into difficulties battery-wise if you spent a lot of time on the web with the Kindle. I also think you need to look into the pricing for surfing the web on a Kindle. Amazon will happily pay for you to download their books (naturally) but I think there's a charge for going elsewhere. It's done the same way as a cell phone, so you may find downloading large documents a problem too.

Saving them on Kindle is not a problem as they go into the Cloud your books are stored on--I think. Best to check it all out on Amazon.com.

ETA: Since it works the same as a cell phone, you'll have to remember to turn off the wireless during flights. Also, I'm not sure how web pages display on a Kindle, since I've never gone online with mine.

Last edited by good grief; 04-Aug-2012 at 04:00 AM..
Member with 616 posts.

13-Aug-2012, 03:20 PM #3
Thanks....great info!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!