Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

LG TV Question

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Sep-2012, 12:21 AM #1
LG TV Question
Are the power supply boards for LG 50" M/n LG50PC3D and LG m/n LG50PC5D PLASMA TV interchangable?
ozziebeanie   (Serena) ozziebeanie is offline ozziebeanie has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 1,290 posts.

12-Sep-2012, 05:49 PM #2
Hello Johnje

I would have thought you could use any power boards you want for the TV or any other appliance, if a board was provided with the TV (if a surge proctor), I would keep the one they provided with it while it is under warranty, then maybe swap later, as if its changed over they may use some technicality to get out of the warranty or some other thing

I get the feeling you are talking about something other than the power board you plug it into as with TV’s as far as I know don’t have a power supply like computers do, well not one (unless qualified) that you could remove while under warranty.

Apologies if I have understood your question wrong. Welcome to the forum
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Sep-2012, 10:59 PM #3
Hello ozziebeanie
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, but yes I am talking about something other than the "power board" you plug your TV into (commonly known as power strips or surge protectors). The power supply board I'm referring to is internal to the TV, one of several internal circuit boards that are an integral part of the TV. This ones main purpose is to convert AC to DC current.

Thanks for your response. Is there anyone else out there that may know the answer or where I might find it? I tried google, but no luck. I'm in kind of a time crunch...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!