Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Streaming Music Over Bluetooth

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Feb-2009, 11:31 AM #1
Streaming Music Over Bluetooth
What I am trying to do is stream music from my laptop to my surround sound system through bluetooth. I was wondering if it was possible or if I my need to download some software to enable me to do that. I bought bluetooth dongles but haven't got them to try yet. My surround sound system has a usb port on it that I plan to connect the dongle to an dthen I also got one for my laptop. Also if that works would I be able to stream video to my TV that has a usb port on?
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 45,334 posts.

04-Feb-2009, 12:27 PM #2
You might start by checking the user documentation for the TV and Surround sound systems. That should tell you exactly what capabilities are supported by their USB ports. You may find that those dongles won't give you what you want.

If the USB-Bluetooth dongles require any kind of drivers installed for Windows and/or Apple computers, how do you expect to install the drivers on your sound system or TV?

Bluetooth may be fast enough to stream decent quality music but it could not handle any kind of typical streaming video rates.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 9 posts.

04-Feb-2009, 01:39 PM #3
ok yeah the drivers point is a good point. I'm just going to have to try it once I get it. Do you know of anyway I would be able to stream movies wireless to my tv
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 45,334 posts.

04-Feb-2009, 01:43 PM #4
You might need to move up from Bluetooth to 802.11 WiFi to get the data speeds needed ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TabStoreType=0
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,152 posts.

08-Feb-2009, 08:55 AM #5
I want to do the same thing, and I found a perfect product by Creative. If you buy the Creative X-Fi Notebook Card which provides high quality sound in all situations and a wireless transmitter. You can then purchase the Creative Wireless Receiver and connect it to your stereo...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!