Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Dish Network DVR522 is slow

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 134 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Mar-2009, 02:11 PM #1
Arrow Dish Network DVR522 is slow
Hey guys,

I have a Dish DVR522 receiver and it's been about 3 or 4 years since we got it. It's beginning to get really slow, like a computer gets slow after too long without a nice clean format.

When you press a button, like Menu or DVR, it takes 2 or 3 seconds for it to register and show up. Then in that time sometimes I get impatient and press it again, then it takes a little longer for it to show up but then it thinks I pressed it twice so it will go into a different channel list since I pressed menu 2 times.

It happens on both TV1 and TV2, so it isn't the remote, and both remotes have brand new batteries.

Is there any way to speed it back up? Will resetting it to factory defaults speed anything up?

Is there any way to "format" so to speak, the receiver so it has a clean drive?

I have read that LCD screens can cause IR interference, but I don't have an LCD TV, it's an old boxy TV, both of them. And I think TV1 remote is IR and TV2 remote is UHF, but they both have the slowness thing going on when you try and access menus.

Also, when you are watching TV, it will freeze randomly, then the words will be off sometimes and you have to switch channels and come back or turn off the reciever and turn it back on.

It's been getting slow for about a year now. We just got a new SmartCard in the mail and I installed it and it didn't help a thing, just as bad as before.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks,
Bushpilot
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

16-Mar-2009, 08:51 PM #2
You, as the consumer, can't "format" it. Dish Network could. They could also replace it as it could be hardware failure. Call and ask for service.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dish, dvr, dvr522, slow

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!