Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connecting macbookpro to tv using Svideo

(!)

Member with 30 posts.

24-Dec-2010, 10:06 PM #1
Connecting macbookpro to tv using Svideo
Running on a Macbook Pro purchased new last year
Okay so i just went out and bought the 3 component cables i thought necessary for this to happen
I bought Mini Display Port to DVI Adapter; DVI to Video Adapter; and the S-Video Cable

firstly the MDP to DVI only loosely fits into the DVI to Video, you are unable to screw in the sides but they were both bought brand new from future shop so these should work right?

secondly even though there is some separation all the wires of the components are still contacting the right spots so i figure it should still work,

I have read many threads on the issue saying that you have to enable mirroring(didn't make it work) an also change the resolution (i changed it to everything and it didnt work), if anyone knows the resolution that it has to be or could give me step by step instructions to make this work that would be terrific

Happy Holidays all
Member with 30 posts.

27-Dec-2010, 05:52 PM #2
okay so the tool at best buy just have me the wrong mini to dvi adapter, so i went back today and got the right one even still, no love on the tv..

its hooked up using the svideo still, ive mirrored the displays and changed through all the resolutions and its still not coming up on the tv.. anyone have any advice for me
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dvi, macbook, mini display port, svideo

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!