Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

DOS/Other DOS/Other
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

android netbook help

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 15 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Dec-2011, 02:25 AM #1
Question android netbook help

my friend purchased a craig 7" android netbook for her 10 yr thinking that the android market would be easily accesible for apps. unfortunently i am unable to figure out how to download even the most common apps for the netbook. i am thinking its just not possible. while doing research i saw some things about rooting. I am just a little confused, if a different os can be rooted to be used as an android phone is it then possible to root the netbook so it acts like a tablet? and if so how? also would it just be easier to return and the netbook and just pick up a tablet?
..... someone please help

i did find the SlideME Marketplace on the netbook it isnt responding apparently because the site is down. As far as i understand that is the android marketplace for the netbook. but ofcourse it doesnt work. i was wondering if an update was necessary to use it. so i went to the craigelectronic.com but it just keeps stating that the update failed. what can i do this poor kid cant use his christmas gift ....................

Last edited by megan1234; 26-Dec-2011 at 02:43 AM.. Reason: found more info
Computer Specs

26-Dec-2011, 03:05 AM #2
i also found on an android forum something about replacing a rom with a HTC WWE but that thread was about a phone so is that something that is even possible with a netbook.
Computer Specs

26-Dec-2011, 02:04 PM #3
ok well apparently nobody knows thank you anyways guys have a good new year..........................
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

27-Dec-2011, 09:02 AM #4
What's your question? Asking "How do I use Android" is like asking "How do I use Windows". It's an operating system. It's fairly intuitive.
Computer Specs

27-Dec-2011, 09:25 PM #5
well no my question is not how do i use the android operating system. i have always had an android phone so i am familar with the system.

my first question i asked was:
if a different os can be rooted to be used as an android phone is it then possible to root the netbook so it acts like a tablet?
my second question was:
and if so how?
my third question was:
also would it just be easier to return and the netbook and just pick up a tablet?
Then i edited my thread after i did a little more research on the subject and asked:
that since the SlideME market and website were down i was wondering if an update was necessary to use it
then lastly i did a little more research and asked:
about replacing a rom with a HTC WWE but stated that the thread was about a phone so i was curious if it is something that is even possible with a netbook.

i do apologize if it wasnt concise. i hope the edit adds some clearity
thank you very much
megan
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

27-Dec-2011, 10:02 PM #6
A tablet is a touch interface device. I highly doubt the netbook has a touch screen display, so no, you can't turn it into a tablet. You may be able to root it. Search the XDA Developers forums to find out, but I don't see the point. I also doubt the official Android Market is available for the device, and that wouldn't change if you rooted it.
Computer Specs

28-Dec-2011, 04:35 AM #7
Oh ok that is what I figured I just knew some things could be changed and I thought what she wanted me to do would be far fetched. But I thought I ask and thank you for the prompt reply. Everyone on this site is so helpful. Again sorry for the rambling on the first post it usually takes me awhile to explain what I'm saying lol
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
android, netbook, rooting, tablet

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!