Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Forgot BIOS settings password.Help pls!!!

(!)

Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Mar-2012, 05:38 PM #1
Lightbulb Forgot BIOS settings password.Help pls!!!
So my dad came home with an old floppy drive and asked me to install it.That was easy enough.But the drive wont read any discs and when i searched the internet is says i should try enabling it in BIOS.There's the problem.A few months ago i locked the BIOS and forgot the password.So every time my computer starts up and i hit DEL to enter the BIOS it asks me for a password.I never write down my passwords and i've already tried everything i might have put in in but nothing works.I know i can remove the CMOS battery to reset it but i really don't want to.So i'm asking is there any other way to reset the password other than removing the CMOS battery?
Trusted Advisor with 19,642 posts.

28-Mar-2012, 07:15 PM #2
1) Forum rules prevent us from helping with password problems.
2) Either remove the cmos battery or some motherboards have a clear cmos jumper on the motherboard.

That is about as far as we can help you.

You sure you just don't have the floppy cable connected backwards. Did that once myself.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bios, forgot, password, software

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!