Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

DOS/Other DOS/Other
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

batch file: reading input.txt and giving out.txt

(!)

Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Jun-2012, 09:58 AM #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squashman View Post
I hope you learned from this experience.
I do data processing for a living and in order to do my job on a daily basis I need accurate instructions. BLACK and WHITE. When the data changes or the results you want changes 99% of the time the programming is going to be changed.
I told you that in my very first post. Next time you ask for a script you may want to actually post the real data.
well the problem i am new to batch, i did study in college "C" language , and I have to say that things isn't that complicated in "C" so I thought that modifying little things wouldn't be so hard , well it seems that using batch isn't that simple and isn't that clear , sure you can do simple comands but not clear as in "C"
anyway I did learn my lesson, and by the way yesterday I did modify the script to my real data I had to add some IF statements and GOTO but at the end it did work

by the way I would ask you a question (not asking you to do me a script ) , how I can read a string of xml like <name>sandy</name>, is it possible to take "sandy" ? , it isn't a complicated xml file , its just all file like this

<name>sandy</name>
<data>25/06/2011</data>
<age>55</age>

just tell me if is it possible ?

thanks
Trusted Advisor with 19,645 posts.

15-Jun-2012, 02:41 PM #17
Reading XML is possible in batch but gets really complicated because of the redirection symbols.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!