Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

DOS/Other DOS/Other
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

send text file In a batch file

(!)

Trusted Advisor with 19,660 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 11:39 AM #46
Like I said in my previous posts. Don't bother with attaching the file. Just use the VARIABLE that is created with the IP.bat and use that as the body of your message!

27-Jul-2012, 11:44 AM #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billd59 View Post
I know ways to do It. I can rename the or I can make It a RAR file. I just want to think of a way she can undo. I don't know If she can rename file or use winrar. I figure making the Batch a exe but gmail doesn't allow you to send EXE files.
Why would you make a RAR file when every version of Windows since XP has had Native ZIP capability. Why do you always have to make things harder than they have to be.

If people don't know how to rename a file or create a text file then they shouldn't be using a computer in the first place! Tell them to take a class on basic computer concepts. My mother was proactive and did that many many years ago. I very rarely ever have to help her with anything.

In its purest form, a batch file is a TEXT file. You could email her the file as a TEXT file or she could do what you did. Copy and paste it from a forum or email into NOTEPAD and then save it as a BAT file!

27-Jul-2012, 11:44 AM #48
Why do you need to know her IP address anyways?
Member with 37 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Jul-2012, 02:26 PM #49
I just need the IP to remote to her computer. I can try to send It as a text file.
Member with 37 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 02:29 PM #50
I read I don't know If It true but I read Gmail won't allow you to zip a Batch file but something with Rar that will work
Member with 37 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 02:30 PM #51
I got one question: you know where we put the path In, Is there a way to make It where you don't have to do that? the computer just finds It. I just want to know If that can be done.
I have It so It delete the IP.txt file and It delete the batch file.

27-Jul-2012, 04:53 PM #52
You aren't reading any of my posts are you? Or at least not understanding them.
You don't need to know her IP address to do remote assistance for her. Plenty of apps and web based solutions that can provide remote assistance without knowing the IP address of the user you are helping.
Member with 37 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 05:05 PM #53
ok I was going to use the remote that comes with windows. I thought you need the IP address for that one. I am reading all your post. I just thought you needed IP address for all of the remote? I didn;t want to pay for one because I don't plan to use It all the time just once In a while.

27-Jul-2012, 05:07 PM #54
Are you kidding!
You said this lady barely understands how to use a computer and now you expect her to enable remote desktop connection on her computer and also do the port forwarding on her router so that you can acces her computer!
Member with 37 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 06:16 PM #55
I was going to set It up for her. You might be right It might be to hard. Maybe I can use log me In and Hamachi or Team-viewer. I heard you can use that free. What ever I use I have to go set It up for her. She lives on the other side of Staten Island. Or If you have any Ideas let me know?

27-Jul-2012, 06:23 PM #56
No setup for Team Viewer.

27-Jul-2012, 06:25 PM #57
Wait a minute. Now you are going to go setup stuff on her computer. Why were you screwing around with trying to email the batch file then?
Member with 37 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 08:42 PM #58
I was just going to use psexec that uses her IPaddress and than I didn't have to go to her house but I don't know what I really should use anymore. I just wanted to learn how to do the batch anyway. I learned alot from that. even If you don't think I did. Like I said I am handicap so It takes me time to learn. If I don't use that file with her computer I will use It somewhere else. Thanks for all your help with It. She also was having trouble with her profile on the computer she get this thing were windows will not reconize her password. So I thought when she get that If I had the IP I could use psexec with the cmd and reset the passwrd with net user command.

What does ping localhost do? I am tiring to find a video or something about that on the Internet. All the video I watch has that In them but they don't explain It.

Last edited by Billd59; 27-Jul-2012 at 08:54 PM..

27-Jul-2012, 09:23 PM #59
I am sorry to say Bill but you are really way in over your head. You are not going to be able to use psexec to remote into her computer unless you open up a huge gaping whole in her router and firewall for every hacker in the world to take advantage of. I don't suggest you do that!

You really don't understand the basics of most of the things you are trying to do let alone what problems may occur from what you are trying to do.

Please find someone in your local area that can help you before you make a mistake that you will regret or even worse you may end up causing a lot of problems with the person you are trying to help.
Member with 37 posts.

28-Jul-2012, 06:39 AM #60
I was planning to use PSexec with Hamachi so I don't have to open any ports. I am trying my best. If I run Into trouble I will ask someone for help.
I been trying PSExec on my computer. I know I am not a expert but I think I know alittle about computers. I know you are trying to help and any help I will take. I like trying to learn about this kind of stuff. I will learn It but It takes aliitle longer than normal. That's why I like the videos on batch files and VBScript Its easier to learn. I might not get It the first time but I will after a while.

It people like you I learn alot from.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!