Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

DOS/Other DOS/Other
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: view size

(!)

Member with 267 posts.

07-Sep-2006, 07:29 PM #1
Question Solved: view size
I have an ancient Q&A database, DOS program, which I very recently installed in a new computer with XP pro O.S. I used it successfully with my previous computer, which also used XP Pro as its O.S.

It now works on my new computer EXCEPT for the size of the view. It only covers the upper half of the screen. I haven't been able to change the size. I've tried changing the resolution, that doesn't work. I've fiddled around with the tools in the Q&A program -- no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?
Member with 2,310 posts.

Experience: Advanced
08-Sep-2006, 02:41 AM #2
If you are using a DOS program within a window on your Windows desktop, you are going to be limited to the font size and the properties pertaining to the number of lines and columns.

Instead, switch over to full screen display by holding down <Alt> and then pressing the <Enter> key. Also referred to as Alt+Enter.

Alt+Enter toggles the display between full screen and the DOS in a window.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

08-Sep-2006, 02:11 PM #3
What Chuck is talking about is the Properties Window for the DOS screen, you can change the Font size and it'll change the size of the whole Window. As mentioned, you can also run full-screen, though that might annoy you switching to and from the application with the reset of the video adapter. See the following two examples:
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: view size-dos.jpg   Solved: view size-dos2.jpg  
Member with 267 posts.

08-Sep-2006, 02:43 PM #4
issue resolved
My thanks to both you guys. The alt+enter works perfectly, and doesn't annoy me at all.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

08-Sep-2006, 09:29 PM #5
You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!