Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Earlier Versions of Windows Earlier Versions of Windows
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Prints Only 1/2 Left Side Of Page

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

01-Feb-2003, 03:07 PM #1
Prints Only 1/2 Left Side Of Page
USING WINDOWS 98 - OLD LAP TOP- SHARP 100MEG PENTIMIUM.

WHEN I PRINT USING THE WEB BROWSER (MS OR AOL) IT WILL ONLY PRINT LEFT HALF OF PAGE LINE FOR THE ENTIRE PAGE. IT LOOKS FINE ON MONITOR IT WORKS FINE WHEN I PRINT USING "MS WORD" OR ANY OTHER PROGRAMS. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT PRINTERS BUT I GET THE SAME RESULT.
Junior Member with 16 posts.

01-Feb-2003, 03:14 PM #2
What you are describing sounds like you need to adjust the print preview setting. This will display PRECISELY how your page will be printed in terms of scale. You can adjust the settings accordingly.

From IE browser....
File/Print Preview
RandyG   (Randy) RandyG is offline RandyG has a Profile Picture
Member with 7,760 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Feb-2003, 06:36 AM #3
If you are using Internet Explorer prior to 5.5, then there is no Print Preview. I saw this printing problem happen a lot when the site you are printing from uses frames. You go to File Print and it prints the Frame that is active, which is usually the navigation frame at left.

You can click and drag to select all the text you want to print, and then roght-clikc that selection and choose Print, and make sure the option for "Selection" is selected, instead of entire Page.

You could also update your IE to the latest version, and get the Print Preview option.
Junior Member with 10 posts.

30-Mar-2004, 10:40 AM #4
RandyG is correct that it is printing the active frame. You can go to File/Print and then on the options tab select to print "As laid out on screen" and it will print the entire page.

Good Luck.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!