Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Earlier Versions of Windows Earlier Versions of Windows
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Why do I have to keep refreshing page?

(!)

Member with 880 posts.

28-Oct-2000, 07:23 PM #1
Why is it that with any computer I use I have to occasionally REFRESH the page to see all of the images?

Ive noticed this happens all the time now. Like a page with a bunch of thumbnails on it. Usually about half or three quarters of them will load properly and the rest have a little X in the corner indicating that they didn't load properly. then to see them all, I have to REFRESH the page.

Is there any reason why this is happening? Is it a bug in WIN98se?

thanks in advance

DAVE
Senior Member with 718 posts.

28-Oct-2000, 07:34 PM #2
What is meant by 'any computer'..? Are you on a network? or is it just two computers or many? What are the hard/software configs. on these systems and what are the specs.? BOL
Member with 880 posts.

29-Oct-2000, 09:31 AM #3
Thanks for getting back to me. What I mean by ANY computer, I am referring to my 3 computers that I have at different locations....NOT a network.

I am kinda green about technical stuff but I have relatively NEW PCs, all PIII with 128RAM or better and ample free disk space.

Not sure about Hardware/software settings though.

Not only me....I have heard some of my friends mention from time to time having to refresh the page because of incomplete image loading the first time.

Just wondering how common this is.

Thanks again

DAVE
Member with 11,942 posts.

29-Oct-2000, 09:44 AM #4
Alot of times it's caused by TIF files left over from a prior session. Be sure in IE to select the option to empty the TIF folder when you close the browser. Start>Settings>CP>InternetOptions>Advanced. Scroll down to the section titled "Security" and be sure to select "Empty Temporary Internet Files when browser is closed".

------------------

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 10-29-2000).]
RandyG   (Randy) RandyG is offline RandyG has a Profile Picture
Member with 7,760 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Oct-2000, 11:30 AM #5
Before this starts getting into very serious territory, Please consider the rest of us! I come here to give and receive assistance and advice on Technically related issues. I appreciate that everyone has their opinions on Politics, but it is one that causes as much tension as Religion. Let's keep this board as politically free as possible.

Thanx!

29-Oct-2000, 11:35 AM #6
I don't want to start political conversation so I'll just let the previous comments alone. But I won't remove my Bush/Cheney signature and I won't complain if any other would like to display there own Gore or Nader logo. I don't see anything wrong with displaying the logo, but I did remove the comments above the logo, so I guess we'll see if that satisfies anyone. I didn't start the dialog nor do I intend to engage in one on this board.

BTW, DaveInNJ I am sorry about the additional dialog. I just don't see anything wrong with a logo.

RandyG   (Randy) RandyG is offline RandyG has a Profile Picture
Member with 7,760 posts.

29-Oct-2000, 11:55 AM #7
I see no problem with your signature, nor if emtronics wants an opposing one, or anyone else for that matter.

I just wanted to try to stop a potential political debate.

BigDaveinNJ,you have my apologies as well.

29-Oct-2000, 11:58 AM #8
I agree this is no place for a political dialog. So, I think removing the comments from my signature and just displaying the logo should be enough to make everyone comfortable.

BTW, please for Dave's sake and the rest of the people on this board. If you want to have a dialog do so by emailing me at bhesson2000@yahoo.com

I'll be glad to talk with you.

Member with 2,984 posts.

29-Oct-2000, 08:11 PM #9
I removed my comments from the previous post I made. I am sorry and did not mean to offend but I too believe political comments do not belong here. In fact, I come to this board for info, enlightenment, and just plain fun. I have no problem with anyone's signature even if it includes a Bush or whatever logo. I do have a problem with political comments that come with these logos. Hence my equal time response.
The Internet is huge and full of politics and cable TV is loaded with endless talk shows with political views. Lets leave them there. Sorry to intrude in this thread for assistance.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!