Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Earlier Versions of Windows Earlier Versions of Windows
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Photo CD will not open

(!)

Member with 119 posts.

11-Feb-2001, 03:40 PM #1
My daughter has Windows 95B installed on her computer. The computer is a clone with P233MMX CPU, 64mgs RAM, and a 24X CDROM drive. She has a CD of photos that will open just fine on my computer, that has Windows 98SE on it. Her computer will open the Windows95 companion CD just fine, so I know the drive is OK. When I insert the photo CD, it recognizes it only as a music CD. Could it be that Windows95B isn't equipped to recognize a high pixel photo CD? The CDROM apparantly has two choices when a CD is inserted...it's either recognized as a music CD or a Data CD, and when it isn't recognized as a data CD, then, by default, it assumes it's a music CD. Is this assumption correct? Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jack Lee

[This message has been edited by jlee4751 (edited 02-11-2001).]
Member with 8,974 posts.

11-Feb-2001, 06:22 PM #2
I think Windows does not know what to do with them as an application has not been installed on the PC to handle them. If you use Windows Explorer or My Computer does it see the files but cannot open them? If so try installing a photo editor on the PC.

------------------
Dan-O - MSCE

[This message has been edited by Dan O (edited 02-11-2001).]
Member with 119 posts.

11-Feb-2001, 06:35 PM #3
What photo editor would you recommend?
Member with 8,974 posts.

11-Feb-2001, 06:47 PM #4
It depends on what created them and the file type, the file extension. I would install the same one you are using on your PC running Windows 98.

A good general viewer I like for graphics is IrfanView, it's available from: http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/english.htm

------------------
Dan-O - MSCE
Member with 119 posts.

11-Feb-2001, 09:45 PM #5
OK...I guess I misunderstood you when you said 'photo editor'. I was thinking photo viewer, but I guess Irfanview is both. Yes, she has Irfanview on her computer. In fact, the photos were viewed on my computer with Irfanview. The problem is that on her computer, the CD isn't recognized as anything but a music CD. I can't seem to get past that. I'll keep trying and researching the problem, but if you or anyone knows of a similar problem, please direct me to any solution. Thanks.

Jack Lee
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!