Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Earlier Versions of Windows Earlier Versions of Windows
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: my screen is dark.. how to change contrast?

(!)

Member with 83 posts.

Experience: ok with computers
16-Feb-2006, 07:01 PM #1
Solved: my screen is dark.. how to change contrast?
Today I turned on my computer and noticed the screen is a bit darker than usual. I looked everywhere on the control panel to find a way to change the contrast. But I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know how how to change the contrast and/or brightness of the screen on a notebook computer? I know desktop moniters have buttons you can press to change it manually, but on notebooks.. they dont have it. I have something called a brightness meter on my keyboard, but its up to 100% and the screen still looks dark.

any help is appreicated. Thanks in advance.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,939 posts.

19-Feb-2006, 09:38 AM #2
often the F keys do that on a laptop

whats the make model of the laptop
Junior Member with 14 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
19-Feb-2006, 01:57 PM #3
I doubt if this'll help you but I'll throw it in anyway - My 17" monitor always seemed a little on the dark side to me for 2 years even with contrast and brightness at 100%, then one day I was browsing its setup menu and saw that its red/ blue/ yellow settings were at about 85%, so I hiked them up to 100% and got a nice bright pic.
Pity it took me 2 years to do it but I never even knew there were any colour settings til accidentally stumbling on them, duh...
Member with 83 posts.

Experience: ok with computers
19-Feb-2006, 03:56 PM #4
haha thanks for the help. i actually figured it out. Like SpudCallahan, i was browsing through my computer and came across this settings menu with red/blue/yellow settings. I changed it back to default and things went back to normal.

anyways thank u all for trying
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!