Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Earlier Versions of Windows Earlier Versions of Windows
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

3rd Party Fix for 95/98/ME for Daylight Savings Time

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Apr-2007, 04:03 PM #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRealBigBoss
@softrain
I completetly agree with you, but that behaviour is indoctrinated by means of the Microsoft culture: Windows does everything for you so that you do not have to think for yourself. In that way they can force their will onto you if you are not hampered by any critical thinking, what most indows users seem to be. Example? Try to erase the folder My Documents.
Post 27:ZeRealBigBoss: I appreciate you taking the time to email me about the DST crises. I have the philosophy that I do everything the simplest and most efficient way. I have no time for extra fluff. If you have a complicated mind and would rather do things the hard way...I suppose you may reap some personal satisfaction in the end. As far as "WINDOWS" INDOCTRINATION, I am indoctrinated by noone. If I could have turned the damned clock forward by spitting on it, I would
have done that. You over-presume sir.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 193 posts.

Experience: Assembler freak
15-Apr-2007, 04:29 PM #32
The benefit of being human is the interaction with others; forcing one's ideological views onto someone else, be it on personal or national level, does not fit in that definition, so I avoid that. Consequently, stating my opinion abvout something does not imply in any way that I intend to critisize someone else for thinking differently; if you conclude that, then I have redacted my wording not clear enough.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 136 posts.

05-May-2007, 07:10 AM #33
On my ol' NT 4 SP6a box @ work I just turned off Automatic DST & changed the time manually.

BUT, I'm still running Office 97 Pro so there wasn't a patch available for my Outlook. When the old DST time passed all my reminders were an hour early. I then just rechecked Auto DST & Outlook is corrected. Not really that much of a hassle.

I'm so accustomed to "work arounds" with some of my software I use that this is almost a normal "routine" until I get my new PC in place.

(Same routine @ home on my poor Me PC but w/Office 2000 Premium)

Last edited by jr6300; 05-May-2007 at 08:43 AM..
Mr.Pilon Mr.Pilon is offline Mr.Pilon has a Profile Picture
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-May-2007, 01:30 AM #34
Try this one on for size,
I was not able to run the patch on my system so I gave it up for lost, then came the message(just after the original DST date) that my clock had been reset.
I was very surprised to find out that it was 9:02 am Feb. 4, 1980 (oh man I have to go back to the 7th grade, that sucks (lol)).
Needless to say I downloaded the atomic clock and now my date and time stay right here in the future where they belong.
Member with 8,974 posts.

07-May-2007, 07:25 PM #35
I like having my PC's adjust themselves for DST and for GMT.
And i like them letting me know they've done so with a little box.
It reminds me to manually set the other clocks in my house.

John
jerry4dos
Guest with n/a posts.

30-May-2007, 06:28 PM #36
I got a DST patch for my Win95-B from here:
http://www.mdgx.com/add.htm#TZU

It went in smoothly and worked perfectly. Patches also available for other Windows versions.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!