Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Earlier Versions of Windows Earlier Versions of Windows
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Uninst.isu...........

(!)

Member with 3,054 posts.

07-Feb-2002, 03:45 PM #1
Uninst.isu...........
I'm attempting to uninstall a program Trellix Web.........

I tried both thru add/remove and with the programs own unintall engine either way I get back a "cannot find" message what it is looking for is "Uninst.isu"

I cant find "Uninst.isu" in file find, however it is excactly where it is supposed to be C:\Program Files\ Trellix Web\ Uninst.isu.

When I right click in Uninst.isu the properties show it to be 342 bytes and it's attributes are Archive.

Any Ideas or Suggestions?........Please.

DS
Member with 482 posts.

07-Feb-2002, 05:19 PM #2
One thing I'd try is to check the registry entry for the Uninstall command to see if the path and filename are exactly correct. You can find (and adjust, if necessary) the uninstall string at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<You r Application Name>

If that looks ok, I'd also make sure the uninst.isu file didn't get marked read only somehow, and that the filename isn't corrupted. Rename it something else, then rename it back exactly as it appears in the registry string.

The InstallShield website also says that there can be a problem with longer paths (in NT 3.51) to the uninst.isu file, but the instructions for dealing with it are for developers, not end users.

These are just general suggestions. Hope something clicks.

Ok, adding on here, I see where you already said it's only marked Archive....
Member with 482 posts.

07-Feb-2002, 05:29 PM #3
I also found some posts in newsgroups (they were for Norton Utililties, however) that say to delete the uninst.isu file, reinstall the program, and then run the uninstall routine.

Seems like a roundabout way to to things, but thought I'd mention it here in case you run out of options.
Member with 3,054 posts.

09-Feb-2002, 06:38 AM #4
Gnosisless,

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. they set me into the right thinking mode to better find the solution to why Trellix Web would not Uninstall.
It appears the nice folks at Trellix Web did not want this program easily uninstalled............why I really don't know but I was able to download the following:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trellix]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Trellix]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trel lix2DeinstKey9]

from an unofficial Trellix Web site at:
http://www.swgalleries.com/kwsupport/csb/id151.htm

Its a done deal now and perhaps this thread will serve some use in some future search should anyone else have the same problems.

DS
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!