Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Earlier Versions of Windows Earlier Versions of Windows
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to get password from registry

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

25-Aug-2002, 12:03 PM #1
Red face How to get password from registry
heyy..does any1 know how to get password from windows registry..i,ve been trying this for the last 6 months but couldn't do it..my bro knows all of the stuff and he checks everyhting...he oesnt tel me..so i was juss wondering if u guyz could lemme know the procedure....

Thankss.

Ali..
Senior Member with 4,117 posts.

Experience: Still Learning
25-Aug-2002, 12:17 PM #2
Welcome, can you tell me why the computer is password protected and why we should disreguard your brothers wishes first?

Not trying to be smart about this but would like to know why I would want to explain this to you.

I am sure he has a reason....
Member with 14,681 posts.

Experience: Advanced
25-Aug-2002, 12:23 PM #3
I dont think that the password is stored in the registry. If it is, it would be encrypted, although there are hundreds of brute forcers available for windows passwords that would work. Before giving you one I would also like to know why you would want to do this?
Member with 31 posts.

28-Aug-2002, 06:11 PM #4
Hey, I know this isn't my thread but I would like to know how to retrieve passwords from the registry, as well. I don't have any particular reason, I've just been learning a lot more about my computer lately and it sounds interesting. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to learn more. Thanks and take care.
Member with 244 posts.

28-Aug-2002, 06:14 PM #5
AFAIK, they are encrypted. You can find them with special tools maybe but I don't know them. There are well tools to show passwords behind the ***** in IE or other screens.

Pierre.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,584 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Aug-2002, 06:28 PM #6
First off people passwords are stored in .pwl files with high encryption for a reason, they are not stored in the registry. Here at TSG we do not advocate mentioning any software that will crack password encryption since we do not advocate any cracking nor do we know the reason one wants to bypass or crack a password. The original creator of this thread did not explain why they wanted to bypass the password thus will not receive any advise either way. Please do not pursue any more exploration into this subject or thread will be closed.

Dave
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!