Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

SW KOTOR 2: Crashes during loading screens

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Aug-2011, 04:02 PM #1
SW KOTOR 2: Crashes during loading screens
Hello, I've gone through a bit of the internet trying to find help with a problem I've been having with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2. Currently on Onderon (first planet I went to after Telos), my game keeps crashing on loading screens between docks and the market square, and the market square and the cantina (early parts of Onderon). I've updated my drivers to current, and tried (though failed, for some reason) to update the game, too. When it crashes, the KOTOR style mouse turns to the regular white windows mouse, freezing the loading screen right near the end of the loading bar, and coming up with the message that the program has to be closed.

I found a similar problem someone on these forums had (http://forums.techguy.org/games/9335...2-crashes.html), this was the only instance I could find of an issue similar to mine?

As for specifications, I use the Mss32.dll fix for Win 7, running the game in Win XP SP 2 Compatibility mode. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT for Windows 7 32 Bit, 4 GB memory, a dual core processor @ 1.87 GHz on a Dell Inspiron the precise name of which I don't directly know. I'd really appreciate any help as I've only been playing the game for about 4 days and since I'm really enjoying it, I'd hate to have to give it up.

Last edited by Mekii; 18-Aug-2011 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: Clarity
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cantina, crash, onderon, sw kotor 2

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!