Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

multiple game/pc crashes on BF3

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: total noob (i think)
30-Oct-2011, 02:15 PM #1
Angry multiple game/pc crashes on BF3
HI to all that read this post.

about me, 3 things..1: i am a noop firtst degree about solving pc problems so thats why im here
2: my english aint so good so pls bear with me
3: i am belgian

my problems are this : i bought BF3 recently (online so no dvd rom) and after 20 min soloplay i crash (white screen) i reboot en 10 min later i crash again (white screen)
i am quite stubborn so i continue with playing i want to rize the settings from medium or high (dont remember) to ultra high just to see if my pc can coop.
obviuosly not -_-'
i get blue screen loads of intel that i cant read and on the bottom i see alot of zeros and a 2 on the end
that blue screen pops up for max 10 sec and dissepears then my pc reboots... at that moment it did that 4 times in a row .
after the 4th time i select the savemodus with internet connection (you can shoose 3)i shut down the the pc
wait for 2 hours and start again blue screen is gone i can play again.
i put the settings much lower and my 2 cards in SLI
since then my pc randomly crashes WHEN I AM LOADING/PLAYING BF3 so when i am not playing bf3 or bc2 i am fine
other errors are the game bf3 does not work anymore "pls selsect an option; 1 search online for a solution or 2 close game

second error that i get more and more is DirectX function "GetDiviceRemovedReazon"failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands... cpu:NVIDIA Geforce GTX285 Driver 28562

so to conclude i get (so it seams) 3 errors the blue screens (approx 8 times now in 2 days)
white screens approx (30 - 40 times) i know... i know i told you i was stubborn..
and the directX error (8-12 times)

all this in 3 days
below are my pc specs (that i know of)

Motherboard; asus p6t deluxe v2
cpu intel 4 core i7 920s 1366 hz 1333Mhz 8mb

graka xfx GEFORCE pci-E GTX 285 xms 3 - 1600 (two times)
windows vista 64 bit

note; i did get these white screens (crashes )also on battlefield Badcompany2 but not so much.. like 1-2ce a day to none or 8 a day

anymore questions ? ask them !
any solutions ? tell them !

many thanks !
Computer Specs
Member with 3,305 posts.

31-Oct-2011, 04:05 AM #2
Hi and welcome to TSG.

Exactly what make and model is the PC (assuming its a brand name like HP, Dell, Acer etc)? and have you recently upgraded / changed any hardware?
If it is a self / custom build, can you also provide the make and model of the RAM and Power Supply.

Are all your drivers fully patched and up to date? NVidia have a new set of drivers specifically released for BF3.

Download and install HWMonitor then run the program. With just your Desktop running, screenshot the full HWMonitor window and post the screenshot in a reply here. After doing that, run BF 3 for a few minutes (leave HWMonitor running in the background), then exit the game and screenshot HWMonitor again, also post that 2nd screenshot in a reply here.
Computer Specs

31-Oct-2011, 07:00 AM #3
no brand (a friend made it)
upgraded drivers for Nvidia cards (driver 28562)
upgraded sound drivers
and upgraded chipsetdrivers
all done by another friend who knows enough to do it correctly(he has a online pc shop)

ram: 3 times => corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB (3x2GB) pc312800 16mhz 240-DDR3 core i7
click this link if you want to be sure http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-TR3X6G.../dp/B001L4A76G

powersupply crosair TX850W
click this link if you want to be sure http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Cor...850W,6712.html

screenshot 1 as asked without anything running (exept teamspeak and serverbrowser firefox)
screenshot 2 after playing bf3 about 2 min ** i had a blue screen in between so the first shot is before the blue screen and the second screenshot after the blue screen i hope it will not effect your vision

also i have the report copypasted i give it to you (in dutch) but i put as good as i can english translation of the words next to it in (...) ok ?

Probleemhandtekeningerrorsignature)
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleemname of errorevent) BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem(version of controlsystem): 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 2067

Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem:
(additional information about this problem/error)
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800A2E9010
BCP2: FFFFFA600377A9C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 256_1

Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem:
(files who help describing the problem/error)
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini103111-02.dmp
C:\Users\tompi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-69545-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\tompi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1FBF.tmp.version.txt

o can you tell me if SLI wouldt be beeter for BF3 or not ?

i want to thankyou for the effort you are allready put in
and hopefully we can get to a good solution

greetings
Attached Thumbnails
multiple game/pc crashes on BF3-screenshot-normal-settings.jpg   multiple game/pc crashes on BF3-settings-after-bf3.jpg  
Computer Specs
Member with 3,305 posts.

01-Nov-2011, 03:41 AM #4
One of you GPU's is getting a bit on the warm side, getting to over 70C is 2 minutes is quite a heat up, however running SLI you will get at least one running warmer without decent cooling because you have 2 big heat sources right next to each other!

Have you tested without SLI?
Have you tested the RAM? Use something like memtest86, download the bootable ISO and run the full test for a minimum of two full passes and see if it reports any errors. Always useful to test everything as that can help narrow down the cause.
Computer Specs

01-Nov-2011, 08:52 AM #5
yes i put of sSLI and on the moment it runs more stable ? (2days without SLI 1 blue screen and only 9 white screens)
hmmm" two full passes" whats that ?

and can you tell me if i put SLI ON i can put my grafic settings in the game higer or not ?
i get back to you as soon i have the time to do this step you say
Computer Specs

01-Nov-2011, 05:19 PM #6
hmm sorry i never did burn a disk and sorts... isent there another way ?

btw i dont get feed back about the blue screen error ?
no idea about its meaning ?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!