Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

unepic Gaming Lag

(!)

Member with 27 posts.

30-Oct-2011, 08:56 PM #1
unepic Gaming Lag
i am using a toshiba satellight A210, running windows xp. and i enjoy playing League of legends. Usually when i play lol, it stays at a constant 26ish fps. but recently i have been staying at 26fps, and then it seems to need to buffer or a few seconds at 9fps. this is not just with lol, its the same kinda way with minecraft and simple internet flash games.
Member with 33 posts.

Experience: Good in some places
31-Oct-2011, 04:55 AM #2
graphics card
has your computer got a graphics card.
I just got one and all my games work like magic
Member with 27 posts.

31-Oct-2011, 05:24 PM #3
i do not believe so... its a laptop, but it used to work just fine and now for some reason it doesnt :S
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,834 posts.

01-Nov-2011, 12:22 AM #4
if you don't have a graphics card, you wouldn't see anything... just saying...

As to laptops, they are not generally good for gaming. Do you notice any kind of high temperature from your laptop? Does it happen to all online games or does it happen with offline games too?
Member with 33 posts.

01-Nov-2011, 12:46 AM #5
Yeah all computers/laptops need to have a graphics card to play games.
Laptops usaully have an on board graphics card, but these aren't very powerful. I've got a graphics card put into a computer box and most games work without lagging.
Really laptops should be used for stuff like researching and that kind of stuff because with games they are slow and don't have a high graphics card. I use a computer box for gaming because you can get graphics cards put in and play really fast loading non-lagging games.

I put star wars battle front 2 on a laptop it lagged and took about 2 minutes to load each level. Sometimes the game would even crash. When i put it on a computer box with a Geforce GT 520 graphics card it works like magic. Really if you want to have heaps of games on a computer don't get a laptop. Get a computer box.
Plus I'm not even sure you can install a graphics card on a laptop and if you can i would imagine it would be very expensive.

Flynt
Member with 27 posts.

01-Nov-2011, 01:07 AM #6
omg! that's not the point at all. the point is it used to work and now it doesn't, and i don't know how to make it work like it used too. and it happens for offline games also.

Last edited by elbow_sock; 01-Nov-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

01-Nov-2011, 01:18 AM #7
Try looking at your temperature with a tool like speedfan and see if your video or cpu is heating up.

01-Nov-2011, 01:19 AM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmanks View Post
Plus I'm not even sure you can install a graphics card on a laptop and if you can i would imagine it would be very expensive.

Flynt
Unless it was a customized one, most if not all laptops are not upgradable.
Member with 33 posts.

01-Nov-2011, 01:44 AM #9
Maybe its not working like it used too because you have saved lots of stuff to your laptop over time and now it takes a long time to load because theres so much save to the harddrive.
Member with 27 posts.

01-Nov-2011, 10:03 AM #10
i checked, and there is no overheating issues and i'm not lacking in memory because i just got a 2TB harddrive and moved a bunch of stuff to it

01-Nov-2011, 08:27 PM #11
Use Task Manager while running the game and see if if your CPU or RAM is being maxed out.
Member with 27 posts.

02-Nov-2011, 05:33 PM #12
yes, when i run and play the game the CPU Usage max's at 100% and only occasionally goes down to 97% ish

02-Nov-2011, 09:14 PM #13
I think that's your problem... your CPU is being used so the processing is slowed down. I would recommend closing down all non-essential programs/processes down and try again.
Member with 27 posts.

02-Nov-2011, 09:17 PM #14
when i checked, all i have open is the game
Member with 33 posts.

03-Nov-2011, 03:52 PM #15
when you said you didn't have anything on, did you check your internet security scanner like mirosoft security essentials because they can run scans every day without you knowing.
So you might think that you have nothing running but your game but your computer scanner might have launched an automatic scan.

Check just in case.
I might be wrong. I might not be.

Flynt
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
lag, league of legends, minecraft, toshiba a210, windows xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!