Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My Sims 2 Double Deluxe game won't install on my computer

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Nov-2011, 08:43 PM #1
Unhappy My Sims 2 Double Deluxe game won't install on my computer
I have a sims 2 double deluxe game that I got about 2 years ago. Last year I installed it on my dell desktop that was used and given to me. The game worked perfectly fine until one day the power went out. When I turned the computer back on, it had a password on it. I tried asking the previous owners what the password was, but they couldn't remember. So I had to take my computer in and they reset it or something so that they could take the password off. After that, I've been having a lot of trouble installing the game back on my computer. It will start installing, but it hasn't finished in the many attempts. Please help, and thanks!!
Member with 223 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Nov-2011, 09:13 AM #2
Sounds like its rolled back, could have had a backup or something I guess.

If it has reverted back to an older state, it's likely you have missing drivers/updates. Make sure you get all of the latest Microsoft Updates.

If you provide your systems specs then I'll be able to help you find certain updates.

Should you have trouble finding your specs you can use this websites SysInfo program to display them: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dell desktop, double deluxe, intalling problems, sims 2, used computer

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!