Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Games used to run fast but now very jumpy and slow

(!)

Member with 11,761 posts.

30-Nov-2011, 05:16 PM #16
Pick one of the games you are having issues with and uninstall and restart and reinstall it.

How much space is left on your Hard drive?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Nov-2011, 05:59 PM #17
ok ill try that, anything in particular i should look for when i re install? and i currently have 68% free space on my hard drive
Member with 11,761 posts.

30-Nov-2011, 06:02 PM #18
Well this is just a test......let us know what the result is.....
Computer Specs
Member with 62 posts.

30-Nov-2011, 10:33 PM #19
It's possibly a virus... Like what megabite said... You should check your processes tab and organize by most resource usage... Snapshot it and post it... You can also give us a snapshot of your resource manager...
Member with 351 posts.

01-Dec-2011, 04:41 AM #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by joely View Post
Hi I have various games on my computer like fifa 11 and assassins creed that when i first got them ran smooth and fast on my computer, but lately they have been very slow and jumpy. I have done everything i can think of (disk defrag, clean registry, analyzed my ram, deleted programs i dont use, cleaned up broken links and done virus scans), but nothing seems to help. What kind of reasons could there be for this lag. When i look at my resource monitor it shows my hard disk usage as off the charts. My computer has a radeon hd 5650 integrated gfx card, an i3 370 m processor and 4 gigs of ram. I hope someone can shed some light on why i have this problem.
Thanks
This bit of information provided jumps out at me.

Cleaning the registry has little to no positive effects on the system. It will only lead to the damage of system entries.

No automated piece of software can possibly detect only the redundant entries without taking out a few useful ones at the same time.

Search this forum for 'Registry Cleaner' or something similar to see what has happened to people who use them.

Sorry to butt in like that
Computer Specs

01-Dec-2011, 11:02 AM #21
Thanks i will do that. Any ideas on what i should do if the issue is something to do with me having cleaned the registry? To me im not quite sure if thats the problem because i dint clean the registry or anything like that untill after i started to have issues
Member with 351 posts.

01-Dec-2011, 11:05 AM #22
A system restore to a point prior to using the 'cleaner' seems like a logical place to start.
Computer Specs

01-Dec-2011, 11:07 AM #23
ok ill look into that thanks my only issue is previously I had not backed it up for quite a while so im going to try to keep anything that causes me to loose work and programs as a sort of last resort if I can figure out anything else
Computer Specs

02-Dec-2011, 12:36 AM #24
I was told it could be something to do with my clocking speed? does that sound like a possibility?
Computer Specs

04-Dec-2011, 03:45 AM #25
Computer Specs

04-Dec-2011, 03:46 AM #26
Im trying to upload a picture of my resource monitor but cant figure it out how do i do it?
Computer Specs
Member with 62 posts.

05-Dec-2011, 02:17 AM #27
Quote:
Im trying to upload a picture of my resource monitor but cant figure it out how do i do it?
Snapshot and upload? the "insert image" button? or you could attach files on the bottom...
also if your looking for a snapshot software hypercam 3 might be able to do it... maybe FRAPS

Quote:
I was told it could be something to do with my clocking speed? does that sound like a possibility?
Clocking speed? I don't think your harddrive would have anything to do with your cpu. Unless your overclocking your HDD... which I've never heard of.
Computer Specs

05-Dec-2011, 02:22 AM #28
Computer Specs

05-Dec-2011, 02:22 AM #29
So thats what going on during a game. i dunno if anyone can make any sense of this
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
game lag, game problems, hard disc, lag, slow

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!