Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Minecraft Portforwading (Mac)

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 81 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-Dec-2011, 09:34 AM #1
Minecraft Portforwading (Mac)
So i'm to make a public bukkit server on my macbook. I've done most the the work, like making the start.command file and stuff but I don't know how to port forward on my netgear router. I don't know what different numbers I gotta put in and after I have port forwarded what ip should I give out?

So basically i'm asking how I can port forward and once i've dont that what ip shall I tell people so they can get on the server.
Thanks
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,920 posts.

05-Jan-2012, 12:27 PM #2
portforward.com will have the information that you need. Just ignore the big advertising page when you click on your router's link.

If you are allowing people to connect to your server through the internet, then you would want to give them the public IP address, which is the WAN IP address. Going to www.whatismyip.com will give you that ip address

Make sure that you are using a static/manual IP address for your server. If you use a Dynamic/Automatic IP address, then chances are your IP address will change and you would have to reconfigure the settings.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
minecraft

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!