Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: I think my cpu is damaged

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Beginner
03-Jan-2012, 08:03 AM #16
just the one that came with the stock cpu cooler which was already applied, it was my first build so i might've done it wrong
Computer Specs
Member with 3,160 posts.

03-Jan-2012, 09:14 AM #17
Thermal pads are usually OK to be honest, although dedicated thermal paste is more efficient. Have you removed the heatsink at all and reattached it? Doing that, even when you first put them together (perhaps you didn't get the heatsink quite on right) will significantly reduce its efficiency.

If you are going to try reapplying thermal paste get a decent one like Artic Silver 5 which you can get from many places.

Artic Silver own guide for paste application here (for core i5), there are many guides online if you google it.

It's a cheap solution if it works, I always try and look for the cheapest possible solutions (preferably free solutions) first.
Computer Specs
Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Jan-2012, 04:48 PM #18
thanx, i also bought an antec kuhler 620 and my computer has never been better, thanx for the help
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cpu, i5 2500k

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!