Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Power Saving Mode

(!)

Member with 14 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 02:39 PM #1
Power Saving Mode
Hey, my computer started to go into ''Power Saving Mode'' 6 to 8 months ago. The only times I saw it go into power saving mode so far, was when I played 2 of my 6-7 installed video games(the rest work just fine). IT ONLY DOES THAT IN THESE 2 GAMES!!!!!! I can browse the internet, do whatever else, but in these 2 games(which worked just fine before but suddenly don't work without having the error after about 10-20 mins).

I enter the game, it lets me play for 10 to 20 minutes approximately and then the monitor turns black and then I hear a ''bzzzzzzzzzz'' in my headphones and at the same time I get the ''HDMI Power Saving Mode'' Error.

I have this computer and this monitor since about 2 years and the 2 games I play since a long period of time too. It just randomly started one day.

I tried lowering the graphics of my games, made sure I had the good resolution, changed my Power Plan to NEVER sleep or turn off. What angers me is that as I said, the game worked very well before and now I can't play a single match without that problem.

My specs:
Windows 7
i7 Processor 2.66 GHZ
9GB of Ram
nVidia GeForce GT220 Video Card
1000 GB of space SATA Hard Disk
And an LG Monitor W2353V

I tried SOOOOO many sites, I tried LG Monitors Tech Support, Windows 7 Tech Support, Starcraft2(The Game that makes me have power saving probs) tech support, and 2 to 3 other sites that I just don't remember the name.

PLEASE Help me. I am ready to buy a new video card, OR a new Monitor, or a NEW Motherboard or whatever the problem may be, I just want to know what the problem is 100% sure and I want my PC to work properly!! Plus that game was awesome, it worked for a long time now my PC goes into power saving mode.

PLEASE HELP!!

Ask me for any info on my PC or whatever you need, I'll do my best. Also I doN,t think the game is the problem, because 2 different games have this problem and Starcraft 2 is a good well done game that works perfectly.
Member with 11,752 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 02:47 PM #2
Howdy,

If this a desktop do you know what your power supply is wattage and make?
Member with 14 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 03:14 PM #3
Sorry I don't understand your question. Yes it is a desktop: Acer Aspire.

21-Jun-2012, 03:19 PM #4
I see you have been on other sites and have already tried a few things.

You say that you switched the monitor and that one worked fine.

Reason I asked about the Power supply for the PC as it might be failing under load.

Try this

Download and install hwmonitor
and see what the temps etc are. Download the 1.19 setup, english on the righthand side.
....take a reading when not running the game or programs CPU(core) and GPU Video card and post them. (Just a screenshot of results is fine)

Then run the game or any other intensive program for awhile and take another reading post the results
Member with 14 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 04:28 PM #5
Yes I posted on a lot of different sites. And I don,t remember perfectly, but you say you found one of my posts where I say that it worked well on my other monitor. Yeah well I have another monitor and it worked well but I think that it started to not work well on that monitor neither. I doN,t remember well cuz I tried that months ago. Almost a year ago. But as I said, it used to work perfectly so I don't think its necessarily a monitor problem cuz it used to work well.

21-Jun-2012, 04:34 PM #6
Understand.....

Try the test above post 2 screen shots one before playing the game and one after playing for awhile.

screen shots like this
Attached Thumbnails
Power Saving Mode-untitled.jpg  
Member with 14 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 04:41 PM #7
I took the screenshot but I have no idea why I can't access the screenshots. I can only paste them but it doesn't display them here.

21-Jun-2012, 04:41 PM #8
Try this

Go Advanced in your post then Manage Attachments click on Browse and upload in your next post.

21-Jun-2012, 04:46 PM #9
Take a screen shot after clicking on it and push Alt + Print Screen on the keyboard.

Then go Start>> All Programs>> Accessories and click on Paint push Ctrl + V

Save as Jpeg to Pictures or desktop then follow the direction above.

Last edited by Megabite; 21-Jun-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Member with 14 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 04:47 PM #10
Yes, but what I meant is that I don't know where the screenshot is. I know how to upload a pic but I don't find the screenshot. Like where is it after I took the screenshot in a windows 7?

Thank you.
Member with 14 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 04:51 PM #11

This is before playing the game etc.

21-Jun-2012, 04:54 PM #12
its like you copied it so now you have to paste it...that why I said open paint and Ctrl + V and it should paste into Paint and then you can save it as a Jpep

21-Jun-2012, 04:55 PM #13
That image is too small to see what we need to
Member with 14 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 04:57 PM #14
Ok ima try with paint, I did that with photoshop. Let me try again, come back in like 10 minutes, I don't want to take up all your time.

21-Jun-2012, 04:58 PM #15
No prob well get there
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!