Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Black and White 2 screen flicker

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Jun-2012, 01:19 PM #1
Black and White 2 screen flicker
I have this strange error of B&W2 doing flickers every 2 or so minutes, the "when it does it" time is unstable anyway so I can't explain in great detail.

The screen flickers, it will make a freeze and then it goes black for 2 seconds or sometimes even more, then it will freeze and go black and again until it stops or I do a "Control+Alt+Supr" command. Then the problem gets back again.

I have tried a lot of fixes possible, for instance, I have tried to change the Nvidia control panel, thinking it was the antialias or anisotropic and such, but no, none of them are the problem. Not even VSync, Triple Buffer, Threaded Optimization or any other feature. So this isn't probably Nvidia's fault, but I'm not sure.

I tried to do "Compatibility" run, from Windows 7, to Windows XP, none changed anything. "Running as admin" and even some like "Disable visual themes" too, but still flickers.

My system can handle BW2 very easily, but why is it so unstable?! Can anyone please find a fix for this?

Of course, these are my specs;

Windows 7 64-bit
Nvidia GTX 285
Intel Q8400 Quad Core 2.66GHz
4GB of RAM

Yes, it has the latest drivers. Yes, I have the latest DirectX. My system does not overheat, GPU goes at 90c as average, which is fine until it reaches 105c
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,568 posts.

28-Jun-2012, 06:23 PM #2
Is it only for this game?
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Jun-2012, 09:17 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couriant View Post
Is it only for this game?
Yes, it's only in this game.

I had it too with Heroes 5 but I fixed that. The fix was strange, It had to "override antialiasing" and turn it to 16xCSAA. Tried with B&W2 just in case, didn't work.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!