Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HELP - can't load Pogo games

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Jul-2012, 07:58 PM #1
HELP - can't load Pogo games
I'm new here, so, sorry if I'm starting a new thread for something already solved, I searched, but couldn't find my exact problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 1721 running Vista.

I've been a paid member of Pogo for over 5 years. I recently purchased a new wireless router (when even duct tape won't hold it together, it's time for a new one.) No problem with getting on the internet or loading pages - including Pogo. When I got online the first time with my new router
, I got an update notice from Java, so I downloaded the update.

I can go to the Pogo site, go to the game, open it, and click "start game" and as is normal, it says "please wait, game loading... and it will do that for hours without loading. I cleared my browser cache (chrome and FF), and also cleared my Java cache. I went to the Pogo troubleshooting page and did every single one. I even briefly turned off my firewall. Nothing helps. Anybody got any suggestions or ideas?
Member with 11,605 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 08:01 PM #2
It might be your router settings.....maybe you will have to allow Pogo in the router settings also try allowing Pogo through the Windows firewall.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 08:29 PM #3
I noted in my request that I had already tried disabling my firewall (temporarily) and that didn't help. I'll try the router settings. Thanks!
Member with 11,605 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 08:57 PM #4
Yes I know but disabling the firewall does not turn it completely off and can still block Pogo.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

08-Jul-2012, 09:58 AM #5
Somewhere, I found something that said to go into the "wrench" icon (in Chrome), settings, advanced, and disable the "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" setting. It helped - some. Still some issues, but my biggest problem is that I can't find the CD that came with the new router (just moved). I hope I can simply contact Netgear and get some help from them, but honestly have not had time. Used to live with my brother, and he was a techie. All I had to do was say "John, it's not working!!!". Twenty minutes later - all fixed. I sure miss him . You know anything about router settings (and how to access them)? Sorry, I'm a software whiz, but hardware - not so much.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
games, java, load, pogo

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!