Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

killing floor hosted game connection issue (open routers)

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 476 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Jul-2012, 10:49 PM #1
Question killing floor hosted game connection issue (open routers)
We both have sandbox disabled and open routers. We can connect on anything, even when its just us two of a multiplayer server. I googled it and they say stuff I have already tried.
When we try to join each other it just says "connecting" and it will eventually time out. Any ideas?

-Thanks in advance
Member with 223 posts.

10-Jul-2012, 08:08 AM #2
Hi turborw5,

Killing Floor is just one of those pain in the *** games that insists on not working from time-to-time. I've had trouble with the server browser numerous times.

Also, have you ensured these ports are open:

7707 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Also, you'll find in the 'killingfloor.ini' file a line like this; 'ServerBehindNAT=False' set it to true and attempt once again.

If your router has an option for UPnP try turning it on (if it isn't already) and testing.

Also, have you purchased the game through Steam?
Computer Specs
Member with 476 posts.

10-Jul-2012, 12:04 PM #3
Yes I have it though steam, and I have all the ports open and upnp was on already. The killingfloor.ini thin you suggested didn't do anything. He joins and it just says "connecting" forever.
Member with 223 posts.

10-Jul-2012, 06:10 PM #4
Ok,

Follow this link: Steam: MasterServers

Follow the instructions as this has cleared up a lot of connectivity issues for a lot of people. It might even solve the issue with your server not appearing. Though anyone who wishes to connect to the server will need to do the same.

Also, try using the Steam client, server tab to search out servers for Killing Floor. If you're a long time Steam user this shouldn't be too difficult but if you do have any questions about filtering out the servers, ask away..
Computer Specs
Member with 476 posts.

10-Jul-2012, 07:26 PM #5
I did everything on that link and it just screwed up my servers. No servers were showing up and he still couldn't connect to me.

This isn't a connection with nat,so what is keeping us from connecting?
Member with 223 posts.

11-Jul-2012, 08:06 AM #6
Did you try the Steam client to search for the server instead of the in-game browser?
Computer Specs
Member with 476 posts.

11-Jul-2012, 01:24 PM #7
Yes, I have a question though. When you host game > dedicated and then killing floor min. How do you find that one in the server list? Also tried listen and I didn't find it either.
Member with 223 posts.

11-Jul-2012, 05:49 PM #8
The server is local to you, you should have no problems viewing it, providing you're looking in the correct place. If it isn't appearing then I'd say it's a problem with the game. There are many people on the Tripwire forums that have complained about the hosting of servers so my guess is that it's just never worked all that great.

If I were you I'd stop getting tangled in it all and just join an empty server. It's likely people will join eventually but at least you're on the same server as the person you intend to play with. If you're really motivated in finding what's up, I'd check the TW forums..
Computer Specs
Member with 476 posts.

11-Jul-2012, 07:06 PM #9
I wanted to host a server because my isp is having a few problems right now and 500 ping is a little unplayable, but you're right I'll look at TW forums.
Thanks.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
killing floor

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!