Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

SimCopter, PART 2!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Jul-2012, 02:51 PM #1
SimCopter, PART 2!
Quote:
I'm currently running SimCopter on Windows XP, with a a 3.01 GHz processor, 1 gig of RAM and a GeForce 6200.

That aside, the issue I'm experiencing that is making the game completely impossible to play is my character continuously runs in a counter-clockwise circle. I can press and hold the right arrow on the directional pad to break the cycle, but as soon as I lift my finger off the key I resume running circles. The problem persists upon entering my helicopter (if I can even get close enough to it).

What's interesting, however, is I have the exact same problem when I play Streets of SimCity. I've tried patching SimCopter but I get an error message saying it cannot be installed on my computer. I've also tried unplugging all my input devices (keyboard and mouse) but it doesn't stop me from running in circles.

The only thing I can think of is one of my game files is corrupted, likely one that is shared by SimCopter and Streets of SimCity. However I've tried downloading the game via BitTorrent (since it was originally installed via CD-ROM) and it came up with the same problem.

Maybe I just need to reformat my computer again...
I saw this post from shorts41, and I TOTALLY can relate, I have the exact same problem. I have downloaded it several times from several different sources. My character is spinning counter-clockwise and forward, and the only thing that can (barely) stop it from happening is by moving right, but it is like a constant blowing in that direction. So you have his specs, and you have my specs. Maybe we can cross reference and get down to the issue!

Oh also the game crashes unexpectedly, so there is that too....
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Jul-2012, 02:57 PM #2
also my OS is vista 64. HP HDX premium 16
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
circling, copter, sim, simcopter, spinning

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!