Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Games Randomly Close During Gameplay

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Jul-2012, 04:10 PM #1
Games Randomly Close During Gameplay
Hello there.

I play several online computer games, including Counter Strike Source, Diablo 3, and Team Fortress 2. During all of these games (usually within 2 to 20 minutes), the game will randomly close. Nothing else on my computer is affected...the game has simply closed. The error during CSS is something like this "0x14c38412 referenced 0x0d692f34. memory could not be read."

I recently was given my brother's gaming computer, which we completely reformatted. I am running Windows XP Professional now.

Also, a couple of times during a game, I have blue screened and had the error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This has only happened two or three times, as opposed to my games shutting down every time I play one.

I just updated all of my drivers (I think) so I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

-KKsportsMSU
(I am not good with computers so please use "simple" language. Haha)
Member with 11,761 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 05:38 PM #2
Howdy,

Have you checked for a heat issue. I say that as the games shut down roughly about the same time.

You can try this on your PC that shuts the game down as it could be the Video card or maybe the power supply.

Try this

Download and install hwmonitor
and see what the temps etc are. Download the 1.19 setup, english on the right-hand side.
....take a reading when not running the game or programs CPU(core) and GPU Video card and post them. (Just a screenshot of results is fine)

Then run the game or any other intensive program for awhile and take another reading post the results (screenshot of results )

Go Advanced in your post then Manage Attachments Browse and upload in your next post.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 04:17 PM #3
Thank you, Megabite.

I had checked for heat problems because that had happened to me before, my no luck there.

I ended up figuring out it was a RAM problem.

Thank you!
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

26-Jul-2012, 01:26 PM #4
Well, nevermind. The issue is back. I cannot believe it. Does anyone have any more ideas? Thanks.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
close, error, games, windows xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!