Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Xbox 360 headset on Computer

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

26-Jul-2012, 06:56 PM #1
Xbox 360 headset on Computer
I have searched endlessly for information regarding this and I cant find anything its extremely frustrating. Two months ago this setup worked without any issues on skype or other voice programs. I can use my xbox 360 wired controller on the PC no problems. When I try to plug the headset into the controller(which worked fine before) will now cause either a dcom server launcher error or plug and play error or unexpected power termination error and the computer will shut down within a minute or two. Any other information I have found regarding these errors point me to people who get this up startup constantly(which I believe ended up being spyware). I dont believe I have spyware but I could be wrong. I have done malwarebytes scans and nothing came up. I only get this when plugging in this headset into the controller. I have tried multiple headsets and they all give an error. If I start the computer with the headset plugged it wont load the user logins and will freeze at that screen.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,088 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jul-2012, 08:57 AM #2
somethings must have changed in your system recently. it might be worth checking your recent updates (windows updates and any driver updates) it could be caused by an incompatible driver
Member with 2 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 10:16 AM #3
Prior to my malwarebytes scans I did reinstall the driver for the xbox 360 controller. I am using the official microsoft driver. I still have the same issues with it.

What exactly would I need to be checking for in my windows updates? Got any other ideas for pinpointing this issue?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 11:54 AM #4
Sounds like a power problem with the USB ports.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!