Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Not enough RAM for Sims 1?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
31-Jul-2012, 03:49 AM #1
Exclamation Solved: Not enough RAM for Sims 1?
I can't get my Sims Deluxe Edition to install on my computer, a message pops up saying I don't have enough RAM. It says I need 65MB... I checked my computer and it says I still have 3.75GB free out of 4.00GB. What is going on? I also have two exspansion packs I would like to install. (unleashed and makin' magic) Please help, Thanks.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

31-Jul-2012, 12:10 PM #2
Post the complete, exact text of the error. You're probably confusing memory and hard drive space. It's also possible the program is too old to work with your current operating system. Programs often throw out inaccurate errors in that case because they were simply written way before the platform you're trying to run it on even existed.

What operating system do you have installed? 32-bit or 64-bit?
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

01-Aug-2012, 08:08 PM #3
Thanks for responding DoubleHelix! So the exact text of the error/question it pops up is...
"The Sims Deluxe Edition requires a minimum of 64MB of RAM to run properly. We have detected that your system has less RAM than this, and you may experience slow performance. Do you wish to proceed?" You are probably correct in my confusing the memory and hard drive space after all I don't know a lot about either. I do know that my operating system is 64-bit. It will let me install the games and I can play right after I install them, but after I exit the game it says something like... "We have detected that the game you installed was installed improperly" then it makes me uninstall all the sims. Not sure what that is about, I was told when I bought this computer (in 2009) that it would run sims+ all the expansion packs fine. Thank again for lending some advise
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

01-Aug-2012, 08:20 PM #4
The game is too old to run properly on a new computer. It might run in some kind of compatibility mode, but it's unlikely.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

01-Aug-2012, 08:38 PM #5
Thats a bummer guess that its telling me I should be doing other things instead of sitting on my butt playing games hehe. Thanks so much DoubleHelix
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
makin' magic, sims 1, sims deluxe, unleashed

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!