Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Kano Game - IP Addresses & Privacy

(!)

WylieDee   (Wylie) WylieDee is offline   WylieDee has a birthday soon!
Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Aug-2012, 12:35 PM #1
Kano Game - IP Addresses & Privacy
I have a general inquiry regarding a game that is available via the social networking site of Facebook. It is a game offered by KANO called Zombie Slayers. I realize that cheating occurs in most all online gaming. Being that I have put some $ into this game, I've now discovered all too late that there are cheats here as well. One of the ways that it's been rumored between players was that we were told KANO can possibly get on top of this - and is the reason for my question/inquiry on this forum: **Are they (KANO) capable of pinging or checking each log on from their remote location to tell if someone is using many different accounts to benefit them on the game. What we've seen is in one case, a person that had made at least 25 different FB accounts so that he could have 25 different Zombie Slayer accounts in order to win the load of points that's offered each week on Mondays. Basically, my question is this: Is it possible for KANO to check the log on AND IP addresses of players to see if indeed they're running multiple accounts from just one or two computers from home in order to shut down that gamer's account because of cheating? I've also heard that they are capable of accessing messages that are shared within the game itself - meaning our group's main message board & private messages between each other while on the game. Really? This info can be accessed by an outside group? Thank you for any insight you can assist with! It's very important that I get a straight answer from an outside group such as this forum so that I can share it with the group of 24 other members of my group, as when I ask internally from the game inventors-it goes unanswered. And it is kind of scary that someone can see your log on AND IP Address on a game in which I put $ as in "credit card" info into.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!