Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Java(Pogo) not working in AOL

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 243 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Aug-2012, 08:16 AM #1
Java(Pogo) not working in AOL
Not sure if this is the place to post this problem but here goes,just recently updated Java to its latest version(7.0.50)for both 32bit(x86)&64bit systems (Windows7).System says Java is installed and working properly(in IE9&Yahoo but not AOL)When under AOL Pogo keeps displaying the message you need to install Java to play games.I've uninstalled and reinstalled Java(with firewall on and off)but it keeps showing the same message.I went under IE9 and Yahoo and am able to play Pogo games with no problem so what's up with AOL? Any help would be appreciated thanks
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,873 posts.

17-Aug-2012, 05:10 PM #2
Try a full reset of the browser (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset). This will clear out password and saved information. Make sure personal settings is also checked.
Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

17-Aug-2012, 10:01 PM #3
AOL/Pogi
I did the reset and still cannot play. I've gone in under google and internet explorer and cannot play. I did not have this problem until Wednesday.
Computer Specs
Member with 243 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 08:58 AM #4
Same here Ponytail06,reset didn't work,but thanks anyway Couriant.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 09:26 AM #5
The AOL browser probably isn't supported by Java. If everything works fine in Internet Explorer, then that means Java is installed and working properly.
Computer Specs
Member with 243 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 09:35 AM #6
Thanks for the response DoubleH but the thing is everything was fine until I updated to the latest version go figure.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!