Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

AMD Radeon HD 5620 Help

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Sep-2012, 09:26 PM #1
Unhappy AMD Radeon HD 5620 Help
So here's my problem. I've had skyrim for around 2/3 months now. And I've been going crazy with mods and stuff. Installed about 100. They were all running at 50FPS surprisingly well on medium/high settings. Then I see this mod on the nexus called "Sneak Tools" Which lets you slit throats and kill people in bed and stuff. So I'm like "YEAH! GREAT FOR MY ASSASSIN!" So I download/install. The game loses like 35 FPS with this new mod, and crashes every 5-10 minutes. So I'm thinking, "Alright, I'll update my graphics card." So I do. Next thing I know, I turn on skyrim after driver is updated, and it will either stay at loading screen eternally, or skyrim will start, and I'll be playing at literally 5-10 FPS. So I uninstall sneak tools completely, uncheck box on data files and delete from my skyrim data folder as well. Still having the problem. I did a system restore, but the only one that would recover it would completely remove like 30 GB of other programs I've downloaded since then. Does anyone have a fix for this? I've already validated my steam cache+defrag+registry cleaner. I've been using game booster to make skyrim run smoother. Here are my specs.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
4.00 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6520G Discreate Class
488GB HDD
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
AMD A6 Vision

Please don't post comments like "Get a better computer" Because I was running at a good 50 FPS before.
Computer Specs
Member with 15 posts.

10-Sep-2012, 10:14 PM #2
I hate to say it but I think a reinstall of Skyrim is going to be the fastest course of action, it looks like Sneak Tools has messed up the config files for the game. Hopefully your mods will just stay there and you will be able to just switch them back on.
I hope that helps :-)
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Sep-2012, 06:45 AM #3
I have found some of the mods either don't work at all or affect Skyrim's performance. The only solution I have found is to remove the mods. This means don't try to add a bunch of them at one time. Add one and if everyhint is OK add another. When you get one that has negative effects remove it.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

12-Sep-2012, 05:33 PM #4
Alright, I reinstalled skyrim, and I removed all my data files (mod files) but it still doesn't want to load. I e-mailed AMD, and I'm hoping they can supply a hotfix. Thanks!
Member with 12 posts.

14-Sep-2012, 08:04 AM #5
For myself, I have found ATI cards a bit unstable for my work, have no idea why but I just don't seem to have any luck with them. Presently I am looking at a ZOTAC ZT-50402-10L GeForce GTX 550 Ti AMP. I am now running a GeForce 250 GT and it is stable and solid. But, it is not DX11 capable. I work in graphics and am self learning 3D applications such as 3D Max, Blender and I also do a lot of work in Illustrator and Photoshop. And of course I enjoy playing some games to go along with that. I guess it comes down to personal choice, but to me and the work I do the Nvidia cards seem to work better for me. I just completed my new system a few months ago and the new video card will complete the system, the old card will go into my faithful XP system.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

16-Sep-2012, 10:03 PM #7
I've defragged and used a registry cleaner, still nothing. AMD told me to update bios and everything I've already done. =/
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Sep-2012, 05:36 AM #8
Did you read the links that I gave you in post# 6. Registry cleaners can mess up your computer, including the operating system.
Also use this to post your system specs.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
gaming, graphics card, skyrim

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!