Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Games Games
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

"The Sims" autoplay and installing error

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Sep-2012, 06:29 PM #1
Exclamation "The Sims" autoplay and installing error
My Sims games won't run on my computer anymore. I've had them installed before on this computer, same user account and everything. I uninstalled it a while back, and recently I've regained my interest and tried to reinstall. I put the CD into the drive, which starts spinning like normal, but nothing happens. I've tried compatability mode, rebooting, and defrag. I went under My Computer and opened the disk drive as a folder, and tried running setup that way, which gets me a little further. It opens the Installshield wizard, and I click next a few times, but it pops up a dozen little error messages, the last one saying "unable to recognize registry language" or something similar to that, and then it says "aborting the setup process."
I haven't altered or downloaded anything extra for it, I don't even know how. I bought and paid for the game brand new, so it hasn't been on anybody else's computer before, and like I said, I've had it on this computer working perfectly before. How do I get my game to play?
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

15-Sep-2012, 06:31 PM #2
p.s.
I have a Windows 7 os, that might be important information
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

15-Sep-2012, 09:44 PM #3
The exact error would help as well.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

16-Sep-2012, 01:46 PM #4
the errors pop up so fast its hard to single them out, but one of them says error: (something) skins (something) if that helps any.

New problem: I gave up after posting the thread, but left the cd in the drive, and was just surfing the internet when three plus hours later the autoplay just started up on its own, and it allowed me to go and install the entire thing without a hitch. But now it will let me play for a couple minutes before another message pops up saying "the sims has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to the problem" and it exits the game. What is going on?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
autoplay, error, games, install, sims

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!